Saturday, December 31, 2016

Baby #2...

...and #3 are coming! That's right, we are having twins! I posted on Instagram last week spreading the news and reading all the comments was so fun. It is nice not having a big secret anymore!


This is what I get for complaining about carrying a 9.5 lb baby at the end of my pregnancy with Bradley...two babies to carry around! :) We are due in May and still can't believe it. All the ultrasounds are shocking to see two in there.

I was SO sick basically weeks 5-15 and it was AWFUL. Like barfing 1-2 times a day, feeling insanely weak, nauseous all the time, etc. So that wasn't fun. It held me off from being excited and starting to think about decorating and the fluff of having a baby (let alone two). Then right when I was feeling better, you probably saw on Instagram that I had a terrible fall on our basement stairs and destroyed my tailbone. I randomly had an appointment already scheduled for the next morning so I saw the babies were ok right away, but a tailbone injury takes you OUT! I have been a hobbling mess all of Christmas week. But since we saw they were ok, I got to send our Christmas cards!


Lindsey Koch Photography
As for cravings - if you ask Nate he would say everything! :) I have been starving and literally eating 24/7. Even being sick, I would get sick and then run to the pantry to get food in my belly again. With Bradley I always wanted Smashburger (thanks for eating with me Debbie!) but this time I have been loving pickle dip, skim milk, Diet Sunkist Lemonade with a fudge graham Zone Bar, bagel bites from Starbucks and of course all the Christmas cookies! Those are just a few things I have consumed a lot of...really everything sounds amazing!



Per usual, I cannot wait to figure out the nursery! Now that I am feeling better I am starting to get super antsy to get going on this. Having two cribs makes things a little more interesting but we can manage. :) We are planning on using our main guest room for this (super old pics here) and moving that bed to the junk room (super old pics here). I tore this pic out of HGTV Mag because I am OBSESSED and saving for possible inspiration - even for Bradley's big boy room someday! I have lots of inspiration pics saved on Pinterest however. Once we find out genders in January I am going FULL STEAM AHEAD on this!



As for the love of our life, he has no clue. :) We got him some twins that he calls "baby pacis" since they have little magnetic pacifiers you can give them but he doesn't really like them. He throws them on the ground and says "don't want it!" Yikes.


We will keep working on him. :)


And like everyone says when they have baby number 2, I am terrified to have less time with Bradley. Even more than most since it will be baby #2 and baby #3. He is an active dude and the light of my life so thinking I won't spend every waking moment with him makes me so sad. We are getting a fence and purchased a play set for the backyard so I am hoping to bring the twins out there and sit on blankets with them while we watch Bradley play. We will see how this all turns out!

I will make sure to post lots of bump pics on Instagram since this is going to get all National Geographic looking REAL fast. Eek!

So bring on the advice mamas of multiples! Or even if you have more than one kid - I know there is a lot of great advice out there!

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram!
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I have twin girls and they are the best. They have such a sweet bond that makes my heart swell. I don't have any advice on the tradition from one to three since I just have twins, but the best thing we have for multiples is the twin table for two. Google it. And then watch for one on Craigslist or the sale/swap sites as they are pricey but ohhhh so worth it. We lucked out and got one from a family friend and if I hadn't just passed it to a neighbor with twins I would've given it to you!! Other than that the best advice I can give is just to embrace the craziness, laugh at the stupid questions from well meaning strangers, accept help from family and friends, and take lots of pictures and videos. As I'm sure you know, it goes so fast. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to watch for one!! Great advice! And love your advice to laugh at the stupid questions. :) Already fielding some of those. :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Interested to hear what you and your husbands raction was when the doctor first told you it was twins. Imagine it was pretty surreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looked absolutely shocked! I was more nervous for his well being than the actual news I think! :)

      Delete