Saturday, October 13, 2012

Halloween Is Here!

As with all holidays, I take Halloween very seriously!  I do take the fun/whimsical approach over the scary/pee my pants approach.  One of our newest and most needed (in my opinion) purchases was our sideboard from Ikea to match our massive mirror we have had for years from Ikea.  Basically the entire reason I wanted it was for holiday decor, so it could not have come at a more perfect time!

New Sideboard!  Pre Decor


As Nate was putting it together, I ran to Pier 1 to get the table runner I had been eyeing but had no where to put, and was so excited to use it on our new sideboard!


I get home and open up the table runner, and it is too short!  I thought my table runner dreams were ruined forever.  Then, I got smart and realized I work at a costume shop!  Our amazing owner let me have some sparkly green leftover fabric, and Maria, one of the sweetest sewers fixed my table runner for me!  Problem solved!

Witch hats from Michaels, and pups wondering what I am doing

Next item on the Halloween decor agenda - front porch.  A few of my friends and I had craft night, and I had been also eyeing deco mesh wreaths all over Pinterest and Etsy.  I could not even fathom spending $180 on a mesh wreath that goes up for one month a year (however, if I won the lottery I would buy 10) so I figured it was time to get crafty.  I found a great video on YouTube explaining how to do this, ordered my supplies, and began!

Acacia working on her wreath
Katie with my finished wreath!
I thought our front porch was already cute with our monogram, but it had to get the boot this month for my wreath!
Door with monogram
Door with wreath!

Now, time to start planning my Christmas table runner and wreath...hmmm....




1 comment: