Saturday, May 20, 2017

Carmen and Jolie Are Here!

Our girls are here! Carmen Betty and Jolie Susan were born on Saturday, May 13 at 3:26 (Carmen) and 3:35pm (Jolie). Carmen weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and 20.5" and Jolie was 7 lbs 1 oz and 20". They are the absolute sweetest and our family is now complete!



Twins (at least in our hospital) are delivered in the OR for more space and also in case there needs to be an emergency C section but we were so fortunate that they both came right out on their own and that wasn't needed! Will post more of a birth story soon.



I've been baby spamming on Instagram but here is more - never enough baby pics! :)  


Always referred to as Baby A (Carmen) and Baby B (Jolie) in the hospital. :)



Skin to skin with Dada.


Seriously - they are soooo snuggly. They are super content (hope it continues!) being held and loved on. And eating of course.


Eating dinner and in disbelief of my view - we have twins! And three kids!


Wearing their first clothes (from my friend Rosie who also has twins!) for a car seat check at the hospital.


Loved getting pics from my parents who were watching Bradley at our house. He couldn't come to the hospital because of the measles outbreak in Minnesota (no kids under 5 allowed) so I was insanely sad to not see him for 3-4 days! I have never had a night away from him before this so these pictures helped.


In their sweet outfits to head home!


Bradley finally meeting his sisters! He was frozen for a second. :)


Then was super curious! 


Funny video on Instagram of him rocking them - we need to practice being gentle. :)


Super Grandma! She has been making sure we are all getting fed and enough rest and keeping Bradley busy. Couldn't do it without her!!


Love this pic of Bradley with Jolie.


I cannot wait to watch their relationship as they grow!



We don't have a ton of matching outfits because I buy mostly used items at Once Upon a Child (matching ones are usually gifts from sweet friends!) but I try to coordinate. :) Carmen is wearing Bradley's crab jammies so Jolie had to wear some crabs, too!


Sweet baby face! (Jolie)



The girls had their first doctor's appointment with one of our favorite people - their pediatrician! 



Cute matching outfits (again from my friend Rosie!) for their big morning out to the doc. :)


Such a sweet Daddy (with Carmen)!


This corner of the nursery is already getting lots of good use!



Beyond cozy! Could sit here all day!


Sweet baby toes.


Thank you so much for all the sweet texts, calls, comments, visits, gifts, etc! It means the world to us how much of a support system we have! I can't wait to get caught up with everyone as we figure out our new (amazing) normal.

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Jessie JanuzelliMay 22, 2017 at 6:23 AM

    Congratulations on your beautiful twins! I started following your Instagram/blog when I had my first baby because I thought it was fun to see a new mom with a baby the exact same age - my daughter was born 8/22. Now I'm sitting here still reading your blog with my newborn (born May 3rd). Crazy coincidence! Of course, I had a third child in between the first and newest, and you're clearly too sane for that :) Here's to joining the 3 under 3 club!!!

    ReplyDelete