Friday, October 16, 2015

Bradley's Favorite Books!

Some of our favorite presents to give and receive are books!  Every day we read Bradley probably ten or more books!  On week nights after his bath, we sit and just read until he looks tired enough for bed.  With the holidays coming up, I wanted to put together a list since I have received some questions on Instagram and here for suggestions.  He has SO many favorites, but here are just a few!

Lindsey Koch Photography
Little Blue Truck was one of Bradley's first books!  My sweet neighbor Andrea brought it over when Bradley was born, and it is such a favorite!  We read it so much that we know it by heart, and if Bradley is squirrely in the car I will start reciting it and it makes him smile. :)

We have been reading Bradley Pajama Time every night, probably since he was a few weeks old!  And by read, I mean sing. :)  We received this book as a gift from Kristin at my first baby shower and it is such a special book to us!  Clearly Bradley loves it, too!


Another Sandra Boynton book we love to sing to him is Snuggle Puppy.  I like hearing Nate sing. :)

My SIL suggested the Bizzy Bear books when Bradley was super little for good baby books as well.  He LOVES Bizzy Bear and now tries to slide the pages himself!  These pics are when he brought it to daycare for "bring your favorite book" day. :)


Another board book that Bradely gets excited when we start reading is Pout Pout Fish.  Nate makes good "Blub blub bluuuuub!" noises at Bradley and makes him giggle.  Too cute!

Some sweet classics that help Bradley wind down are You Are My I Love You and Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You.  Such sweet books that speak from the heart about love!


An Instagram suggestion we received was I Love You Through and Through and it is one of my personal favorites!  It talks about loving "top side, bottom side, fingers, toes" and everything it says we tickle, and Bradley loves!

Since flap books are so fun for Bradley at this age, Dear Zoo and Where is Baby's Belly Button? are must haves! Our neighbors hosted a book shower for three of us who were all pregnant at the same time and everyone brought a book as a gift!  So sweet!  That is how we received Dear Zoo.  It is so cute to see him work on getting the flaps open and how excited he gets once he gets it!


Eric Carle books are so popular for kids, and our personal favorite is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?  Bradley loves flipping the pages for us. 

Me and You, Peekaboo is a cute book with basically life size baby faces going "Peekaboo!"  Bradley's new thing is kissing all of the babies when he flips the page! :)  Cracks us up!


We are always on the hunt for new books!  What are some of your kids favorites?

Follow me on Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the suggestions! I have a few nieces and nephews I wanted to give books to for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this post and your baby is so cute and very smart, too! My "baby" Nathan enjoyed "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" when he was very little and I keep his very 1st book from the hospital "The Going To Bed Book"!! My 11 yr now enjoys story time and starting alot of pretend play and talk (he is living with severe autism/ nonverbal) and esp into Legos!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete