Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Flamingo Summer Wreath

If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw my excitement over my newest wreath - my flamingo summer wreath!


I have been struggling for a while with what to do for our front porch post 4th of July.  I really have almost every time of year covered except for this little time period after Independence Day and before Fall (evidence here).  I had been saving a few ideas on Pinterest (below) with flamingos, and once my neighbor surprised me with one in my yard, I knew he had a purpose - a wreath!


I came home to this amazing little guy waiting for me!  Thanks April! :)


See a full DIY on how I make wreaths here.  I always start by collecting any ribbon and deco mesh from my stash that I may possibly want to use.


Then I start up on the "poufs"! :)


These colors make my heart happy!!


As I get further with the wreath I lay out next ideas before doing anything.  Sometimes you just don't know what will work until you are ready for the next step!  This ribbon was perfection, but I wasn't sure how to work it in.


So I laid out Mr Flamingo.  I felt like the ribbon worked in would be too busy.  How cute is my little helper, Sprinkles?


Once I got the flamingo in, he looked a little plain, so I made him a bow tie out of the ribbon.  Problem solved!


Then I decided he needed a glitter eye (duh).


This is how I feel about flamingos right now. :)


Tada!  This wreath was so simple and easy, but makes a big impact because of the bright colors!


Perfect for this stretch of summer!  Are you flamingo obsessed, too?

Follow me on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. What do you use to attach your wreath to your door? We have a very similar door and I'm trying to figure out how to put a wreath up...thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a big 3M Command hook! We always have something hanging there so it works perfectly!!

      Delete