Monday, June 16, 2014

Sprinkles Update

If you have been following along on Instagram you already know, but we have had a scary last few days with our Sprinkles! :(  Here is a little synopsis for those who have been asking.


She had been slightly limping off and on since last Saturday and we were keeping an eye on her, then Thursday morning when Nate went to take her out she was dragging her right leg so we took her into the vet right away.  A few hours later I received a call that she was paralyzed in both legs and needed to be rushed to the neurologist.

Waiting with my girl

This definitely was one of my scarier/sadder moments bringing her in.  Nate and I met at the vet and they checked her over and could tell she needed to get into surgery right away and would be there for a few days.  So they sent us home (me in massive tears) and said they would call with updates.  

We did get a call that they thought it went well and that we could visit her the following day (Friday) if we wanted.  Of course I jumped at that offer and visited her over lunch with a friend.  She was so happy to sit in my lap but it was torture to say goodbye again!



I knew I would be picking her up Sunday, so just tried to keep that in mind.


Meanwhile, Chimi was so sad without her Sprinkles!  She has been extra snuggly these last few days and I can tell she is also comforting us.  Such a sweet girl!


She likes resting on my bump. :)


Finally Sunday rolled around and we got to pick up Sprinkles!  She isn't able to use her back legs yet but they think she is doing well and has a good chance to be able to walk again.  For now we have dog beds all over our house so we can set her in them and she can be wherever we are.


Nate and Sprinkles love each other so much. :)  I think they both missed their make out sessions!


We are SO happy to have Sprinkles home!  Her recovery is going to be very long but we are so thankful she is back with us.  Thank you for all the nice comments and prayers for our girl!  We appreciate it more than you know!

Chimi also hasn't left Sprinkles side. :)

Follow me on Facebook!

8 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for some time now, since 'IGE' referred to you, in a past blog post. I always look forward to your updates! You come across as so authentic and I appreciate your sense of style. It's fun to see the progress on your home and the adventures of your family. I rarely comment on anything. However, I have to today, as I am in tears over your precious Sprinkles! I will keep her in my prayers. Best wishes to you and your beautiful growing family ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You have no idea how much this makes my week!!!

      Delete
  2. So glad she's home! Hoping for a swift, and full, recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless her. I do hope she is on the mend soon.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heart hurts for you! I have been through medical scares with my four legged furry kids and hate that feeling. I hope Sprinkles recovers soon. Do they know what caused the paralysis?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart hurts for you! Medical scares with our furry kids are just the worst. I hope she recovers soon. Do they know what caused the paralysis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. :) They aren't totally sure - they said either disc degeneration, herniated disc, something around there. Poor little girl!

      Delete