Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pumpkin Decorating

I REALLY wanted to paint pumpkins this year.  Really really really.  But I didn't want it to be a lot of work and I didn't want to spend a lot of money.  So I gave up on that idea.

I still wanted to do something to my pumpkins (carving is out of the question.  Me + guts + knife isn't going to happen).  So I saw a few things on Pinterest to jewel up pumpkins easily.  Genius!  Nate was on boy's weekend so I decided it was DIY time.  I ran to Michael's and JoAnn and picked up a few things (sequins, pom poms, gems), pulled my puffy paint out of storage, and went to town!


First I puffy painted some dots on my white pumpkin.  Success!


Then I started with the black puffy paint and it wouldn't come out...so I squeezed harder.  First rule in puffy paints - don't squeeze too hard!  We had a major explosion.


From then on I was much gentler with the paints.  The gems and sequins I glued on with E6000.  That was by far the easiest of the options!  The pom poms I also glued, but they like to fall off so I had to sit there and hold them onto the pumpkin until the glue semi dried.  Never again.


I brought them all outside and arranged on the steps.  I wanted the little girls to pose with the pumpkins but "stay" was not something they mastered (or that we didn't master) in puppy kindergarten.


This whole time I was frantically yelling "SIT!".  Nope.




So I gave up on that idea and called them to "come!".  They get that one.


In my Halloween wreath post I pointed out my awkward plain pumpkins.  Might have made them even more awkward but I had fun doing it!



My view when the little ghosts and goblins come on Halloween!




Anyone else decorate pumpkins in a non-traditional way this year?

Follow me on Facebook!

4 comments:

  1. found your blog over on pinterest...i love your pumpkins! very cute. and those pups...awwwwwww! what breed is the long haired dog? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Thank you! They are both Brussels Griffons - one short hair and one long hair. :) Best dogs ever!! :)

      Delete
  2. I found you on Pinterest too. Your Pumpkins turned out very cute, and your Griffs adorable! That breed is on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Griffs are the best dog in the world if you are looking for a best friend! :)

      Delete