Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Closet Remix Challenge - Week 4 (Part 2)

The Closet Remix Challenge is complete!  I absolutely LOVED doing this and would recommend to any and all!  When you aren't sure what to wear and feel like you need to shop, find inspiration photos and shop your own closet!  It takes a little bit of time to do the mixing and matching, but once you have them set you are golden!  I like to do this on the weekends and take photos so I don't forget what I plan on wearing.   If I don't, my memory fails me and I end up wearing something ugly that I am not excited about and throw together. 

Here are links to CRC:
Week 1
Week 2 Part 1
Week 2 Part 2
Week 3
Week 4 Part 1

Thursday:
I saw this ADORABLE outfit on Pink Pistachio and wanted to somehow recreate.  Doesn't hurt that she is already adorable.  Didn't quite achieve her cuteness but I tried.  Hearts tee from like 1995 (sarcasm, but it is old) F21, Necklace from JCP, Cardi also old F21, teal JBrand wide legs.


I didn't quite feel as "Mr Rogers-ish" as this photo conveys

Friday:
Three of my favorite pieces in my closet collided for this casual Friday outfit!  I am currently obsessed with mixing prints and loved how this came together.  I have a feeling mixed prints will be one of those things we look back on in a decade and think WTF was I thinking...but that is ok! :)  Old Navy dot sweater, JCrew Factory plaid shirt, and MiH dark denim.

So even though it is March and the challenge is over, it has totally inspired me to keep going!  Here are my outfits so far this week.

Monday:
I love this striped cardi - it is so soft and comfy and feels like jammies!  Paired with Target tank, F21 necklace, and MiH light grey pants. 


Tuesday:
This is one of my favorite shirts from the Target Spring Collection and may or may not be seen this Friday.  For work I added black skinnies, Steve Madden boots and that UO necklace that I wear almost daily it seems.


Wednesday:
Today I was not prepared and had to throw something together.  I had my outfit ready and snapped a pic and was not satisfied with this wrinkly mess.

Hi Chimi!

I didn't have time to iron, so instead I added a distracting scarf! #lazygirlproblemsolving


I hope to keep up this whole making outfits ahead of time situation.  Leaves extra time in the morning for me to hit snooze and I feel much more put together.  Hope you guys are trying it, too!

4 comments:

  1. So fun to see you blogging! Can't wait to see where this takes you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I need lessons from you! :)

      Delete
  2. Love reading your posts!!! You are so cute and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete