Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holiday Inspiration Dressing

Just like how I pack, any special events I try to style by finding an inspiration photo, then creating my own look.  Makes my options seem so much better!  Since it is the most important 3 day stretch of the year (Christmas), I decided it was time!

I had a gift card I won at my work holiday party for Kohl's, and yesterday hit the cute sweater jackpot with these sparkly numbers that were 50% off!  Perfect to spice up my holiday options.  Also purchased this cute dotted scarf on sale for $8.  I heart Kohl's.

 

 
 
The new sweaters will be so fun to wear!  Now onto my inspiration/reality options.  Up first, red!  I wear a lot of red and green this time of year, and about a month ago found this gem at JCP.  I call it my snazzy grandma blouse.  I have already worn it with jeans, but thinking about sparkles...


Inspiration
Reality


Michelle from Michelle and El's Kitchen commented on my last post where I said I was struggling with styling my shoes and styled them for me!  What a sweetheart!  Check out her amazing Polyvore, and then my take on that with what was in my closet.  Problem solved!  Thank you, Michelle!


Inspiration
Reality

Her ideas also made me remember this cute photo from Glitter Guide I had saved in my files of inspiration.  Works well with one of the new sweaters. 


Inspiration
Reality 

Reality - maybe...

One outfit that I have been wearing quite often and mixing different scarves is my dotted sweater from Old Navy.  Here is my Christmas version.



Inspiration

Reality

As always, I wish I had the time/energy/drive to do this for everyday, but for now it will have to work for special occasions.  I enjoy doing this when I have the time!  We will see what actually gets worn, but now I have a few options!  

Sidebar - I SUCK with moving pics around in Blogger.  Ugh.  Sorry for it looking like an elementary craft project.  I will learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment